Future Internet (FI) should allow sensing and actuation resources to be abstracted and virtualized in order to be provided under the guise of Cloud-like services, thus enabling a Sensing and Actuation as a Service (SAaaS) paradigm. This scenario is highly dynamic, also involving mobile devices that randomly join and leave, an issue that can be adequately addressed resorting to volunteer contribution paradigms. Similarly, social media processing and Mobile Crowdsensing (MCS) can be used as «social» sensors, perfectly blended with the internet-of-things.
Big Data techniques are gradually becoming cornerstone elements of FI applications, given that they can be ideally integrated into the core components of the FI. This workshop will explore and discuss how cloud-like sensing infrastructures, in combination with social media processing and crowdsensing elements may act as reusable building blocks of non-trivial FI applications. Participants will therefore have the opportunity to debate how social media, big data, IoT and cloud services can converge and be integrated in FI architectures.
Key questions to be addressed include:
- how new consumer and marketing services can be built around mobile and IoT technologies
- how mobility contributes to the development of new service architectures,
- what consumer related issues should be considered (personal clouds and personal data management)
- what is the role of social media processing elements in providing new advanced services
- how applications should be developed and mobile services adapted to the environment (e.g. CloudWave),
Focusing on social media analysis, Cloud, big data and IoT infrastructures, this workshop will discuss how these intensively researched scientific areas can cross-cut, and be embedded and tested in FI architectures. By bringing together research and industrial stakeholders, the workshop will contribute to promoting the development of a new generation paradigm of FI enabled open-source web platforms and applications for improved informing, entertaining, protecting and educating the public, as well as for improved marketing strategies for manufacturers, through innovative products, services and solutions.